Monday, February 28, 2011

Modern Mobile {DIY Discussion}

I saw this project for modern mobiles originally on Princess Lasertron then checked it out on Project Wedding and fell in love. I adore interesting chandeliers, pendants, mobiles, basically anything you hang from your ceiling that makes a decorative impact.



 I want to try my hand at creating these, but the instructions call for a sewing machine to sew all the strips of vellum paper together. This is a piece of equipment that I do not have nor have ever used. I'm not yet into creating garments, but I'm starting to see how useful a sewing machine could be for a slew of other projects. Is it time to invest?

Well before I make that leap, I'd still like to take a crack at creating this mobile. Any suggestions for creating this sans sewing machine? I'd love to hear your ideas!

Photos from Project Wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment