Friday, February 25, 2011

Handmade Journals

I continually revist projects that I love. Whether it's to create new items or try it in new or different ways. As such, you will see the same techniques over and over on this blog, but I hope to bring a variety to the style of each one. I detailed a scrapbook I made for my sister-in-law using a text block bookbinding technique here. My husband loved it and wanted me to make him a journal, so I decided it would be a great Valentine's Day gift.

I made a 6 3/4" x 9 1/2" tall journal with the decidedly "manly" paper my husband chose from Paper Source and winter white book cloth.





I also picked up a smaller journal for myself to record all those crafty ideas and inspiration that hit me at random. I made a more pocket-sized journal with a lined paper text block, a graphic floral patterned paper and winter white book cloth.






The more I create these text block bookbinding projects, the faster I get. It is a super project for a gift and my husband is already asking for another larger one to use as a scrapbook. Oh the demands of married life ;)

Photos by Kyle @ 918 Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment